Bethesda just made the 1.3 patch for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim available for download on Steam, while the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the patch have been submitted for certification to Microsoft and Sony and will take a while longer.
Even more importantly, Bethesda will release their own Large Address Aware fix for PC next week, making Skyrim able to recognize 4 GB of RAM by default, without the use of mods.
You can find the full patch notes past the cut:
- General stability improvements
- Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
- Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
- Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
- Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes (oh goodness, yes! thank you!)
- Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
- Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate